I think everyone should have a list of things they want to do before they die. I just thought of this so I’m making a list. I’ll check it twice later.
- Listen to space. – I didn’t want one as common as go into space. But, I really want to hear it… the silence.
- Backpacking/Travel – maybe around Europe, but things aren’t cheap anymore – I want to see Netherlands, and their wonderful transit planning.
- Ride Via Rail’s Train #1 across Canada – Toronto to Vancouver.
See Jupiter, Saturn through a powerful telescope — Seen Jupiter and the Galilean Moons. March 21/2012
- I want to go to an actual concert, and enjoy good music. [Orchestra/Symphony]
- Visit Machu Picchu – There’s just something about these ruins that grows more fascinating, when I consider how and why they built there.
- Drive a bus! Juts once, to try it.
- Ride a Zip-Line
- Tour the major cities’ bike routes. Vancouver, Toronto, New York, Amsterdam… [more to be added]
- Can I drive a car, professionally around a closed technical course? Just once!
- I suppose I have to add this on the list somewhere…. partner.
- Understand…. the people I care about.
- Find one sort of musical instrument that I can play – harmonica, guitar, singing? — a harmonica is portable and gives me an excuse not to sing
- Watch a Solar Eclipse – I missed the May 20th 2012 one. I was very heartbroken. [2017 Aug 21] [April 8, 2024]
- Drive Manual.
- Re-learn Guitar
- Go camping again
- Ride in Amsterdam
- Cruise in Venice…London and Paris and Rome, Barcelona, and Madrid don’t really interest me that much……but I suppose there’s stuff to see there as well.
- Visit the Metro systems of major cities.
- Stand in the Eye of a Storm
- Ride my bike through knee-deep flood water after one of those ‘once in a lifetime storms’ -> japan surreal image
- Visit Hawaii or a mountain and watch the sunset, or sunrise.
- Kayaking [Jan’s Suggestion]